Letter from God
Today begins what many people call Lent; a ritual whereby many people give up something for a period of time in anticipation of a celebration of new beginnings.
Here are some things you might consider giving up:
- Winning an argument
- Talking negatively about others
- Lamenting missed opportunities
- Resentment toward someone
- Anxiety about the future
- Focusing on your perceived weaknesses
- Listening to negative news
- Repeating gossip
Lent is not about giving up something that you enjoy in an effort to somehow please me.
I am already pleased!!!
Give up something that’s holding you back. The benefit of such a practice as Lent is that you give yourself time to create new habits which enhance your soul’s expression.
Posted on Sun, April 20, 2014